WILMA’s Leadership Institute: Meet Kate Martin
Snapshot of this year's Leadership Institute members
WILMA’s 2022 Leadership Institute, an annual nine-month program, gives area women the opportunity to learn from leaders in the region, visit a range of local companies, and serve as each others’ personal board of directors.
The program is part of WILMA’s Women to Watch Leadership Initiative, created to help develop more women leaders in our area.
Meet institute member KATE MARTIN.
Company: GE Hitachi
How long have you been with your current employer? 15 years
Alma Mater: North Carolina State University (BS Mechanical Engineering) and UNCW (MBA)
Prior career experience:
- Nuclear Fuel Inspection Product Line Leader
- Nuclear Transportation Packaging Design Engineer
- Nuclear Fuel Design Engineer
- Nuclear Naval Propulsion Program Engineer
- Progress Energy Power Distribution Engineer
Current job responsibilities:
- Leading the GEH Corrective Action Program
- Leading the GEH Nuclear Safety Culture Council
- Spending time with my husband and dog
To learn more about WILMA’s Leadership Institute and Initiative, go to wilmamag.com/women-to-watch.
Want more WILMA? Click here to sign up for WILMA newsletters and announcements.