Women To Watch Awards
Our annual awards celebrating the women making an impact on our community in the areas of Arts, Business, Education, Health, Nonprofit/Volunteer, Public Sector and Rising Stars.
WILMA’s Women to Watch Awards spotlights regional women who are the movers-and-shakers in our region.
See below for the list of our 2022 finalists!
The 35 women selected will be featured in the October issue of WILMA and recognized at an awards celebration on Friday, October 21 at the Wilmington Convention Center. The seven category winners will also be announced at the event.
If you have any questions, contact Elizabeth Stelzenmuller at (910) 508-5723 or email@example.com.
SAVE THE DATE:
WILMA’s 2022 Women to Watch Awards
Friday, October 21
Wilmington Convention Center
Click here to purchase seats
Women to Watch Awards categories:
- Public Sector
- Nonprofit / Volunteer
- Rising Star (Under 30)
The rising star category is limited to women under 30.
The public sector category recognizes women who work in the area’s public service sector – public safety agencies, local and state government, military, etc.
Any female resident of New Hanover, Brunswick or Pender County is eligible for the Women to Watch Awards.
Individuals can apply themselves or nominate a person they know.
About the Awards:
Our annual awards celebrates the women making an impact on our community in the areas of Arts, Business, Education, Health, Nonprofit/Volunteer, Public Sector and Rising Stars. Thirty-five women are selected as finalists each year by an outside panel of judges. Finalists are featured in the October issue of WILMA and will be recognized at an evening celebration event on Friday, October 21. The seven category winners are also announced at the event.
Click here to learn more about WILMA’s annual Women to Watch Awards.
Click here to see the 2021 Awards event album.
Meet the 2022 Women to Watch Finalists:
- Mahlaynee Cooper– Director & Poet, Speak Ya Peace, LLC
- Sayantani Dasgupta– Assistant Professor, UNCW Creative Writing Department
- Angela Fernot– Artist, Art of Angela
- Jeri Greenberg– Artist, Jeri Greenberg Art
- Donna Launey– Owner & Artist, Gallery Citrine
- Constance Foreman– Founder, Beyond Clinic Walls Wellness/MD, Novant Health New Hanover County Family Medicine
- Isabela Lujan– Realtor & Owner, Casa de Oro Property Group by Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Advantage/Co-Founder, Latin American Business Council
- Zoë Mathews– Owner, Code Ninjas
- Myra McDuffie– Owner, MeMa’s Chick’n and Ribs
- Mallorie Moore– Director of Client Development, Dualboot Partners
- Schala Harper– Special Education Resource Teacher, New Hanover County Schools
- April Query– Assistant Vice President of College Access & Community Outreach, College Foundation of North Carolina
- Dana Stachowiak– Associate Professor of Curriculum Studies & Director of UNCW Gender Studies & Research Center, UNCW
- Logan Thompson– Director of Advancement, Cape Fear Community College Foundation
- Tiffany D. Tucker– Deputy Director of Athletics & Senior Woman Administrator, UNCW Athletics
- Kendra Bentley– Doula & Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, Port City Milk Fairy & Kendra the Doula
- Jennifer Nomides– President & Co-Founder, Coastal Direct Health & Wellness
- Christina Terry– Owner, Manager & Physical Therapist, Healthy Seniors Physical Therapy & Wellness
- Gina Warren– Forensic Interviewer & Therapist, The Carousel Center
- Courtney Wilson– Co-Founder & Co-Owner, ComfyChemo
- Laura Bullock– Directory of Community Engagement, Vigilant Hope
- Gabriella De Souza–Executive Director, Friends of Wilmington Skateparks/Biology & Technology Teacher, Cape Fear Academy
- Ashanti Gibbs Hines– Program Director, StepUp Wilmington
- Catherine McDowell– Executive Director, Roots of Recovery
- Kathryn Polk– Executive Director, Global Connections
- Marimer McKenzie– Diversity & Equity Outreach Specialist, NHC Office of Diversity & Equity
- Erin McNally– Marketing, Air Service Development & PR Manager, Wilmington International Airport
- Jennifer Price– Corporal, Oak Island Police Department
- Racheal Prosise– Virtual Service Outreach Coordinator, NHC Senior Resource Center
- Sydni Starnes– Detective, NHC Sheriff’s Office
- Briana Carr– Business Owner & Clinical Social Worker, Serenity Healing Solutions, PLLC
- Sarah DeSilva– Lead Engineer-Materials Science & Engineering, GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy
- Alexis Raeana Jones– Owner & CEO, Alexis Raeana, LLC
- Cailey Rash– Founder, Birth & Postpartum Doula & Childbirth Educator, Babycakes Birth Services, LLC
- Mayra Robles– Program Coordinator, UNCW Centro Hispano
Click here to read about the 2021 Women to Watch finalists.
Click here to read about the 2021 Women to Watch winners.
Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity | Cape Fear Solar Systems | Cassidy Boone – Berkshire Hathaway | Catapult | Cavik Insurance | Code Ninjas | Copiers Plus | Drinx | Elaine Leggett – Camico | Elevate Coworking | Embassy Suites Hotel | Excite Credit Union | First National Bank | Fleet Feet Sports Wilmington | Greene Resources | Healthcare Liaisons | Hedrick, Gardner, Kincheloe & Garofalo LLP | Honey Do Service of Wilmington | Judy Budd | LIV CBD | Matthews Motors | MegaCorp Logistics | Michelle Price, CFP® – Edward Jones | Montani Consulting | Murchison Taylor & Gibson | Nothing Bundt Cakes | O’Brien Service, Co. Inc | Patriot Roofing Company | Relax! Massage Therapy | Salt Air Inc. | Sarah Hess | Self-Help Credit Union | Spun Compass | Teaching Horse | The Village at River Landing | UNCW CIE | Utility Management | Vein Clinics of America | Waylett Wealth Management | Wells Fargo | White & Johnson Pediatric Dentistry | Wilson Center at CFCC | WNY People Development |