Women To Watch Awards
Our annual awards celebrating the women making an impact on our community in the areas of Arts, Business, Education, Health Care, Nonprofit/Volunteer, Public Service and Rising Stars.
It’s time to roll out the red carpet! On October 11, WILMA will recognize the thirty-five women selected as finalists for this year’s WILMA’s Women to Watch Awards. We’ll also announce the winners for the seven categories, Arts, Business, Education, Health Care, Nonprofit/Volunteer, Public Service and Rising Star. Join us in celebrating these regional women who are the movers-and-shakers, the disruptors and the inspiration for successes to come.
Friday, October 11, 2019
Wilmington Convention Center
515 Nutt Street
Meet Our Finalists
Introducing the 2019 Women to Watch Finalists:
Finalists listed alphabetically.
- Gwen Baker – President, CDM Federal Programs Corporation
- Catherine Hawksworth – Owner, Modern Legend
- Ruth Ravitz Smith – President, RR Smith Strategic Solutions (R2S3)
- Alyson Smist – Assistant General Manager, Wilmington Sharks
- Lorin Van Zandt – Co-Founder/President, MISSIO Hair
- Kobe Campbell – Licensed Professional Counselor Associate, The Healing Circle LLC
- Estefania Gutierrez – Paralegal, David Creech Law Firm PLLC
- Lee Rochelle – Supervisor, Guardian ad Litem Program
- Michaela & Annabelle Sanchez – Musicians, Entangled Dreams
- Leah Sherrill – Founder, Special Pedals
- Buffy Andrews – Owner & Wellness Guru, Made Well Center for Wholeness
- Candice Curtin – Chief Executive Officer, Pressure Dx
- Lauren Gainor – Medical Director, Inpatient Pediatrics & Newborn Services, Coastal Children’s Services
- Candy Lee – Dementia Care Nurse Specialist, Lower Cape Fear Hospice
- Rebecca Mullaney – Owner and Psychotherapist, Stable Ground Counseling
- Lauren Brooke Brown – Owner/Cosmetic Tattoo Artist, Lasting Looks By Lauren Brooke LLC
- Donna Gargett – Executive Director/Founder, Blank Canvas Awareness Art
- Kim Henry – Executive Director, Theatre for All
- Jamie La Londe-Pinkston – Program Coordinator, DREAMS of Wilmington
- Gale Smith – Artist, Gale Smith Art
- Janelle Babington – Founder/Executive Director, American Red Lion Disaster & Abuse Fund
- Evelyn Bryant – Chief Executive Officer, Northside Bridge Builders
- Angie Hill – Chief Executive Officer, Brigade Boys & Girls Club
- Emily Klinefelter – Founder/Foster Mom , Foster Pantry
- MaLisa Umstead – Founder/Executive Director, A Safe Place
- Stephanie Boucher – Lieutenant, Wilmington Police Department
- Mebane Boyd – Director, New Hanover County Resiliency Task Force
- Jessica Loeper – Chief Communications Officer, New Hanover County
- Elizabeth Peterson – Extension Agent, 4-H Youth Development, North Carolina Cooperative Extension
- Lauren White – Lieutenant, New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office
- Jessica Gaffney – Theater Department Chair, CFCC
- Kellie Griggs – Assistant Professor, UNCW School of Nursing
- Darlena Moore – President, The Gilbert Scholarship Inc.
- Crystal Sutherland – Founder/President, Journey to Heal Ministries
- Kendall Tidey – Facilitator, Adult Transgender Support Group
Any female resident of New Hanover, Brunswick or Pender County is eligible for the W2W Awards.
Click on the Buy Tickets tab above to make a reservation for the 2019 Women to Watch Awards Celebration!
WILMA’s Women to Watch Awards is part of the WILMA Leadership Initiative. If you would like to be a sponsor of the Initiative, please contact Melissa Pressley, VP of Sales, at (910) 343.8600 x 203 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions or for more information email Vicky Janowski and Maggi Apel, co-leaders of the Leadership Initiative, at W2W@WILMAOnTheWeb.com. To learn more about WILMA’s Leadership Initiative, click here.
A Creative Touch | Addflavah | Bank of America | Big Sky Design | Cape Fear Arthritis Care | Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity | Cape Fear Tax and Accounting Solutions | Carolinas Oral & Facial Surgery | Cavik Insurance | Coastal Horizons | Coastal Massage & Spa | CresCom Bank | dmanna | Don Bullard Insurance | Elderhaus PACE | Excite Credit Union | First Citizens Bank | Fleet Feet Sports Wilmington | FORTE’ Institute | Gateway Mortgage Group | Greene Resources | Hedrick, Gardner, Kincheloe & Garofalo | Human Capital Solutions | Isabella Grace Refined Homes | LeadersCare, Health & Leadership Consulting | Leggett, PLLC | Lighthouse Insurance | Lyf Stylin’ by Jean | Mary Kay – Pam Fortenberry-Slate | Meadowlark | Muchison Taylor & Gibson | Nothing Bundt Cakes | O’Brien Service Co. | Old North State Trust | Pathfinder Wealth Consulting | Prana Salt Cave | Premier Staffing Solutions | Relax! Massage Therapy |Ruth Smith RSM US LLC | Smith + Gsell Design Studio | Topsail Steamer | UNCW Collge of Arts & Sciences | UNCW College of Health and Human Services | UNCW CIE | United Way of the Cape Fear Area | USS Battleship | Wells Fargo | White and Johnson Pediatric Dentistry | Wilmington Area Rebuilding Ministry (WARM) | Wilmington Convention Center | WordsWorking