WILMA’s Leadership Institute: Meet Christina Hallingse
Snapshot of this year's Leadership Institute members
WILMA’s 2022 Leadership Institute, an annual nine-month program, gives area women the opportunity to learn from leaders in the region, visit a range of local companies, and serve as each others’ personal board of directors.
The program is part of WILMA’s Women to Watch Leadership Initiative, created to help develop more women leaders in our area.
Meet institute member CHRISTINA HALLINGSE.
Title: Director of Media Relations
Company: Cape Fear Community College
Alma Mater: Appalachian State University (undergraduate and graduate school)
Prior career experience:
- Public Information Officer, Asheville Police Department (2015-2021)
- Public Information Officer/Grants Administrator, Charlotte Fire Department (2014-2015)
- Public Information Officer, Henderson County Government (2009-2014)
- I have two little kids, 5 and 2.5, so they keep our week nights and weekend full.
- I love the outdoors! My husband, children and I recently relocated from the Asheville area to Wilmington, so we traded mountain hiking for weekend morning on the beach.
- I love a good podcast.
- Actively giving back to the community I live, work and play in.
To learn more about WILMA’s Leadership Institute and Initiative, go to wilmamag.com/women-to-watch.
Want more WILMA? Click here to sign up for WILMA newsletters and announcements.