WILMA’s Leadership Institute: Meet Amanda Knauff
Snapshot of this year's Leadership Institute members
WILMA’s 2022 Leadership Institute, an annual nine-month program, gives area women the opportunity to learn from leaders in the region, visit a range of local companies, and serve as each others’ personal board of directors.
The program is part of WILMA’s Women to Watch Leadership Initiative, created to help develop more women leaders in our area.
Meet institute member AMANDA KNAUFF.
Company: Pender Pelvic Health and Therapy Services; www.ncpelvicfloortherapy.com
How long have you been with your current employer? August 2021
Alma Mater: University of North Carolina at Wilmington, University of Rhode Island
Prior career experience:
- The Davis Community 2010-2011
- Orthopedic Specialists (Southport, NC) 2011-2013
- Physical Therapy for Women 2013-2021
- Faculty Educator for Academy of Lymphatic Studies 2021- present
Current job responsibilities: I am the sole owner of my practice and lead physical therapist. I specialize in assisting women, men, and children through rehab who are suffering from impairments associated with bladder and bowel dysfunctions, pelvic pain, postpartum, prenatal, and pelvic organ prolapse. I personalize plans to effectively treat individuals with lymphedema, including extremities, head and neck, and genital edema (largely due to oncology or cardiovascular diagnosis) and general orthopedic care. I also teach Vinyasa Flow and Prenatal Yoga classes at my clinic. I hold the following professional certifications:
- Certified Lymphedema Therapist (Academy of Lymphatic Studies)
- LANA Certified (Lymphology Association of North America)
- PRPC: Certified Pelvic Rehabilitation Specialist (Herman & Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation
- Yoga Instructor RYT200 through Yoga Alliance
Hobbies: Outside of helping my patients restore daily function and serving my local community, I love to garden, to be at the beach, to teach yoga, and to spend time with my family!
To learn more about WILMA’s Leadership Institute and Initiative, go to wilmamag.com/women-to-watch.
Want more WILMA? Click here to sign up for WILMA newsletters and announcements.