WILMA’s Leadership Institute: Jessica Boyd
Snapshot of this year's Leadership Institute members
WILMA’s 2020 Leadership Institute, an annual nine-month program, gives area women the opportunity to learn from leaders in the region, visit a range of local companies, and serve as each other’s personal board of directors.
The program is part of WILMA’s Women to Watch Leadership Initiative, created to help develop more women leaders in our area.
Meet institute member JESSICA BOYD. (Other class members will be profiled in future articles.)
Title: Certified Public Accountant & Senior Accountant
Company: Williams Overman Pierce, LLP
How long have you been with your current employer? Two months
Alma mater: East Carolina University
Prior career experience:
Practiced in the areas of auditing and attestation for the past two and a half years with a focus on industries such as not-for-profits, governmental agencies, healthcare, HUD properties, and insurance. Worked as a finance intern for one of the nation’s largest contractors, Balfour Beatty Infrastructure.
Current job responsibilities:
- Plan, perform, and supervise multiple attest and non-attest engagements simultaneously
- Prepare both businesses and individuals income tax returns
- Serve as lead for project staff teams to ensure proper execution of assignments
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Perform research and create implementation systems of FASB Accounting Standards Updates
Hobbies: Spending summer weekends out at Masonboro Island and taking my chocolate lab, Sadie, anywhere and everywhere she’s allowed!
To learn more about WILMA’s Leadership Institute and Initiative, go to wilmamag.com/women-to-watch.
Want more WILMA? Click here to sign up for WILMA newsletters and announcements.