WILMA’s Leadership Institute: Cynthia McBride
Snapshot of this year's Leadership Institute members
WILMA’s 2021 Leadership Institute, an annual nine-month program, gives area women the opportunity to learn from leaders in the region, visit a range of local companies, and serve as each others’ personal board of directors.
The program is part of WILMA’s Women to Watch Leadership Initiative, created to help develop more women leaders in our area.
Meet institute member CYNTHIA MCBRIDE.
Title: Global customs compliance manager
Company: GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy
How long have you been with your current employer? Five years
–Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education (Licenciada en Relaciones Internacionales)
– Complutense University of Madrid (Maestria en Relaciones Internacionales y Comunicacion)
Prior Career Experience: “Logistics representative, Ashland Chemical de Mexico, Monterrey, N.L., Mexico; Logistics manager, Maquinados Programados, Monterrey, N.L., Mexico; manager of the Mexico Routing Center, Logistics Plus – GE Transportation Systems (GETS), Erie, PA; International shipper and logistics specialist, Sonic Systems – GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy/Global Nuclear Fuel, Wilmington, NC; lead transport specialist, International Shipping GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy/Global Nuclear Fuel, Wilmington, NC.”
Current job responsibilities:
– Manage Business Customs Organization
– Set Business Customs Strategy & Monitoring Plans
– Establish and maintain required Global and Regional Operating Procedures, ensuring regulatory requirements and updates are incorporated
– Define & communicate Business process exceptions, priorities, requirements & risk parameters
– Identify and implement continuous improvement and cost saving opportunities and initiatives within the Nuclear Customs program
– Ensure regulatory and internal compliance (NRC, DOC, CBP, GE, etc.)
– Provide advice, counsel, and training to key stakeholders regarding Customs compliance, regulations, and laws
Hobbies: “In my free time I enjoy reading, crafting, and gardening. I practice daily CrossFit and yoga. My family is very active and I just recently started cycling to join my husband and children on mountain bike trips. “
To learn more about WILMA’s Leadership Institute and Initiative, go to wilmamag.com/women-to-watch.
Want more WILMA? Click here to sign up for WILMA newsletters and announcements.