Kitchen, Bath and Outdoor Design Trends in 2022
Inquiring minds want to know: what are the hottest design trends industry experts are expecting to see in 2022? And considering that most of us have spent more time at home over the past few years than ever before, it is not surprising that many are looking for ways to add a little comfort, fun and style to the spaces they call home.
Without further ado, here are some top exterior design, kitchen and bath trends that we expect to make an impact into 2022 and beyond:
- Small but impactful product upgrades – instead of reconfiguring a home or swapping out the major appliances, home owners are choosing smaller refinements. Substituting a new sink from Kohler, such as their innovative Neoroc® line, which uses a matte-finish composite material designed for extreme durability and unmatched beauty, is a little change that goes a long way.
- Matching counters, islands and backsplashes – this creates a more unified, sophisticated aesthetic. To stay within budget, use man-made materials that have varying thicknesses, as these are often easier to install.
- Upswing in bidet popularity – whether this is a result of the great toilet paper shortage of 2020 or a growing interest in hygiene may be pointless to speculate; the point is there has been a large increase in retrofitting existing toilets for bidets.
- Bold appliance colors – these are a long way from the pea green refrigerators of the 1970s, with changeable color panels available and lots of customization opportunities, from navy and champagne rose steel, to matte black and white gloss.
- Color trends extending outside – home owners and designers are continuing their color choices outside, into their outdoor kitchens and patio furniture, with fire engine red leading the way.
- Adaptable showerheads – having an option to remove a showerhead to rinse feet, dogs or shower walls is another item of interest these days.
- Kitchen and bath hardware – using marble for sink handles, and mixed metal for kitchen sink handles, is a growing trend.
- Going seamless – with the idea that seamless surfaces are easy to clean and do not require as much time or effort to install, materials such as Dekton and Silestone are moving off the kitchen counters, onto bathroom surfaces and kitchen walls. Also, with many realizing that a type of Silestone has a similar appearance to concrete, it is gaining increased use for those who want to incorporate an industrial aesthetic.
- Smart technology – From window treatments to thermostats, fixtures, fridges and lights, the use of internet connected devices is only going to increase in popularity.
To schedule a complimentary, no obligation consultation about how to align your home with the latest trends and updates, call or email us today.