Nominations closed July 1 for the 2022 Women to Watch Awards.
Stay tuned: 2022 finalists will be announced in mid-August.
The annual Women to Watch Awards spotlight regional women who are the movers-and-shakers, the disruptors, the inspirations for successes to come. The awards program launched in 2012.
Applications are open June 1 through July 1 each year, and the winners are announced at an awards party in October.
Historically, WILMA receives more than 200 nominations and applications each year in seven categories: Arts, Education, Health, Business, Public Sector, Nonprofit/Volunteer, and Rising Star (The Rising Star category is for women under the age of 30).
The Judging Process: An outside panel of judges made up of WILMA’s Advisory Board and other local leaders, read through the applications and nominations and them pick the finalist and winners in each category.
Eligibility: Any female resident of New Hanover, Brunswick or Pender county is eligible for WILMA’s Women to Watch Awards. You can nominate yourself or someone else – just fill out the application below. (Note: All categories are open to women of all ages with the exception of Rising Stars, which is limited to women under 30 years of age.)
Thirty-five women are selected as finalists each year. Finalists are featured in the October issue of WILMA and recognized at an evening celebration event during the same month. The seven category winners are also announced at the event. To learn more and to reserve a seat visit W2WAward.com
Meet the 2021 Women to Watch Awards finalists:
- Trista Banfield – Technical Project Manager, Apiture
- Kristi Ray & Erika Edwards – Co-Founders & Executive Producers, Honey Head Films
- Heather Freeman – Owner, Queens Coast Surface Art
- Tiffany Machler – Founder, Art by Nugget and Owner/Curator, 11oh9 Gallery
- Georgia Mastroieni – Director of Outreach & Family Engagement, Cameron Art Museum
- Michelle Patricia Catts – Sr. Vice President of Nuclear Programs, GE Hitachi
- Chakema Clinton-Quintana – Vice President-Inclusive Small Business, Live Oak Bank
- Christi Ferretti – Owner & Executive Chef, Pine Valley Market
- Wendy Fletcher-Hardee – President & CEO, Atlantic Coast Trucking, Inc.
- Ashley Lomboy – Global Information Security Manager, Optical Fiber & Cable Corning Inc.
- Onya Gardner – Dean of Continuing Education & Workforce Development, Brunswick Community College
- Angela Pollock – Director of Development & Head of School, OASIS NC
- Narcisa Pricope – Professor, UNCW
- Sheri Shaw – Assistant Dean for Student Success, UNCW
- Melissa White – Development Director, Thalian Hall Center for the Performing Arts Inc.
- Brittany Bradshaw – Nurse Manager, The Pediatric Center
- Kristina Clemmons – Assistant Director of Brunswick County, Coastal Horizons Center
- Claire Corbett – Director Performance Excellence, NHRMC
- Angela Lago – Clinical Nutrition Manager, NHRMC
- Laura Pica – Behavioral Health Clinical Manager, MedNorth Health Center
- Monica Caison – Director & Founder, CUE Center for Missing Persons
- Katelyn Mattox – Program Director, NourishNC
- Jhaniqua Palmer – Director of Outreach Programs, YWCA Lower Cape Fear
- Rakhee Patel – Adult Substance Use Disorder Services Director, Coastal Horizons Center
- Franchesca Ramirez – MDT Coordinator & Advocate Supervisor, The Carousel Center
- Tufanna Bradley – Assistant County Manager, New Hanover County
- Kayla Ceasar – Mentorship Program Founder, New Hanover County Health & Human Services
- Carly Hagg – Finance Director, Leland
- Marie Parker – Executive Director, Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority
- LeAnn Pierce – Mayor, Carolina Beach
- Brianna Drennan – Lab Manager, Wilmington Health
- Hayley Luckadoo – Motivational Speaker & Marketing Coach, Luckadoo Media
- Katy Menne – Curator of Education, N.C. Maritime Museum at Southport
- Arely Ramirez-Diaz – Immigration Paralegal, Helen Tarokic Law
- Cierra Washington – Strategic Partnership Coordinator, Northside Food Cooperative
Click here to read more about the 2021 finalists!
2021 Women to Watch Winners:
- ARTS – Kristi Ray & Erika Edwards, Co-Founders & Executive Producers, Honey Head Films
- BUSINESS – Christi Ferretti, Owner & Executive Chef, Pine Valley Market
- EDUCATION – Narcisa Pricope, Professor, UNCW
- HEALTH – Claire Corbett, Director Performance Excellence, NHRMC
- NONPROFIT/VOLUNTEER – Franchesca Ramirez, MDT Coordinator & Advocate Supervisor, The Carousel Center
- PUBLIC SERVICE – Tufanna Bradley, Assistant County Manager, New Hanover County
- RISING STAR – Cierra Washington, Strategic Partnership Coordinator, Northside Food Cooperative
Click here to read more about the 2021 winners!