W2W Leadership Initiative Updates
The latest on WILMA’s fall leadership programs
W2W Recap: The latest on WILMA’s Women to Watch Leadership Initiative and its mission to help develop more women leaders in our area.
- LEADERSHIP ACCELERATOR: WILMA’s annual leadership conference took place in July at the Wilmington Convention Center. The half-day event (shown above) brought together more than 350 people to hear workshops on building confidence, work-life issues, mentoring, and public speaking. A keynote panel talked about balancing risks and rewards as leaders. To see more pics, go to facebook.com/WilmaMag for the Leadership Accelerator photo album.
- LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE: This year’s WILMA’s Leadership Institute class continued to meet for monthly skills training on topics including strategic thinking; diversity, equity, and inclusion; and leading through challenging times. Learn more about the forty-seven women in this year’s cohort at wilmamag.com/women-to-watch/wilmas-leadership-institute.
- ALUM NETWORKING: WILMA hosted a networking event in August for current and former participants in our flagship leadership programs. Hundreds of WILMA’s Leadership Institute graduates, Women to Watch Awards finalists and winners, and WILMA Network members gathered at Bowstring Burgers & Brewyard to reconnect and expand their circles.
- IN THE LOOP: Keep up to date with these and other Leadership Initiative programs as well as application announcements by going to WILMAmag.com or signing up for the WILMA Leadership email at WILMAmag.com/email-newsletter.
W2W Up next: How to connect with WILMA’s leadership programs
- WOMEN TO WATCH AWARDS: This year’s awards event is September 8 at the Wilmington Convention Center. Winners in the categories of Arts, Business, Education, Health, Nonprofit/Volunteer, Public Sector, and Rising Star will be announced. Look for more on the finalists here.
- MENTORING: As a part of WILMA’s mentoring program, up-and-coming women in the community are matched with women and men mentors to assist with their leadership development. Participation in the program is limited to those who participated in a W2W program in the past year, and the mentorship will run from October to September 2024.
- FUTURE LEADERS: The inaugural class of WILMA’s Future Leaders wraps ups its first year, which included special attendance to WILMA leadership events and one-on-one mentoring. The group of area high school teens will close out their year hearing from UNCW Senior Woman Administrator and Deputy Athletics Director Tiffany Tucker before a UNCW Women’s Basketball game in November.
Want more WILMA? Click here to sign up for our WILMA newsletters and announcements.