WILMA’s Future Leaders: Class of 2022-2023
Applications are now open for WILMA's Future Leaders: Introducing teens in the Wilmington region to career paths and successful women
WILMA’s Women to Watch Leadership Initiative is launching WILMA’s Future Leaders program to introduce teens in the Wilmington region to career paths and successful women.
The program is open to current 11th graders (2022-23 school year) in New Hanover, Brunswick and Pender counties. Twelve girls will be selected for the inaugural class.
The year-long program includes:
- Participation in a monthly mentorship program with a community leader for one year.
- Recognition of twelve selected members for the 2022-23 WILMA’s Future Leaders class at the annual Women to Watch Awards event in October and highlighting the up-and-coming young leaders in WILMA magazine.
- Opportunities for the class to explore careers and educational opportunities as well as meet local women business owners, executives, and more.
- WILMA’s Future Leaders Fest – open to the public with programming focused on middle and high-school girls (Dec. 3, 2022, Wilmington Convention Center)
- Optional, complimentary invites for class members and a plus-1 to WILMA’s Women to Watch major events: Women to Watch Awards (October 21), WILMA’s Future Leaders Fest (December 3), and Leadership Accelerator conference (June 2023).
Click here for the application.
Students must fill out the application themselves.
Deadline to apply is Friday, September 16.
The selected class will be notified by late September.
Note: There is no cost to participate for the twelve students selected. We do ask, however, that students commit to the time for monthly meetups with their mentors and encourage attendance at the bigger events to make the most of their experience.
For more info about the application or program, email W2W@WILMAmag.com.